Tropical Institute of Ecological Sciences is conducting its 3rd Meenachil River Odonate Survey in collaboration with Kerala Forests and wildlife Department on November 3rd and 4th 2018 . The survey will cover 15 sites from Adukkam to Kottayam Illikkal. The prominent odonologists of South India will take part in the survey.
The number and species diversity of dragonflies is an indicator of the ecosystem soundness of our water resources. Therefore, the findings of the study are very crucial for taking stringent conservation actions.
The researchers, students and others interested in take part in the survey could participate in the program. The training for dragonfly survey methods and identification will be held at TIES campus, Velloor on November 3rd, 2018. Those who are interested, please contact us at email@example.com or 9496794305
Day 1 (at TIES campus, 10:00 am to 1:00 pm)
10:00 am Inauguration; Ice breaking of the survey team
10:30 am Introduction to dragonflies
12:00 pm Dragonfly population survey methodology
1:00 pm Conclusion
8:00 am Reaching survey sites
12:00 pm Ending the survey
1:00 pm Getting back to TIES; Lunch
2:00 pm- Report preparation
3:30 pm Closing remarks and report publishing
- Adukkam + Erattupetta
- Palai + Cherppunkal
- Thiruvanchoor + Poovathum moodu
- Kummanam + Aymanam
- Illickal + Thazhathangadi
- Day 1: only refreshments will be provided
- Day 2: lunch will be arranged
- Those who would like to purchase photo field guide of dragonflies of Kerala (in Malayalam), you may avail it from TIES (156 pages, original price - Rs 700; Discount price for survey participants – Rs 600).
- A certificate acknowledging participation in the survey will be provided to the participants.